Thursday, July 26, 2007

Simpsonize Me Now!!!

I admit it. I am obsessed with The Simpsons Movie's viral, innovative marketing scheme, Simpsonize me. If you go to www.simpsonizeme.com you can turn yourself into a Simpsons character. Practically every movie star, even Bono has been simpsonized, so why not me!

The Simpsons Movie has followed a few different trends: personalization and creativity of the customer, using web applications and online games for advertising, creating a viral campaign as people use their Simpsons icons on websites and facebook.

It's awesome!

Almost.

I was on the site for an hour, no make that two hours, trying to find a picture of myself that could work. I tried about 10 photos, none of them were clear enough. I finally put in a picture of one of my friends who was standing in front of a blank wall. That picture worked! I was about to simpsonize my friend, Roshni, and I had even picked out a purple dress for her to wear. I registered and hoped to save my design and then the design was gone!

I am so deflated, but I did look at Burger King advertisements for an hour, so I guess they have succeeded. I am sure I will continue to try, but this web ap still needs a little improvement before we can all be cartoons.

30 minutes later...

I finally got it to work!

The Before Shot ---------------------------------------- Julia Simpsonized

No comments: