Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Songs to Wear Pants To



I have to admit, that when it comes to hanging out on websites just for fun I tend to end-up on my wedding registry site. I am not into cats with linguistic shortfalls or watching extreme walking on YouTube, but when I found out about Songs To Wear Pants To I had to check it out.

BrainStorming Song Themes
Users go to Songs to wear Pants to and give Andrew--the song creator suggestions of what to write a song about, meter, style, or even genre. Topics include pretty girls, zombies, working at a gas station, polka. All songs he creates for free are less than 1 min 11 seconds, but you can pay for a longer song as well. The songs are hilarious, and in my opinion, high quality. I was completely entertained. Guitarists, like Willy Porter have used ideas from the audience to write improv songs for years, but this takes it to a whole new level. Digital Collaboration. Completely Innovative. Completely Fun.

No comments: